Friday, February 27, 2009

Starting new on Friday

I guess we can start new anytime we want. I had a little brake down this last Saturday when Rachael and Tristy lost around 5 pounds each, I was down nothing, and I had been doing it almost a week longer. I gave in on Saturday and Sunday. I have been taking a little brake from the calorie counting, but watching what I ate by eating good foods and stopping when I am full. This is a brake that I needed for a few days.
But today I start a new diet section from the FlatBellyDiet from Prevention magazine, the Anti-bloat Jumpstart. It is four days long. I think I get bloated from over eating or just eating before the previous meal wasn't digested yet. I haven't really done well this week, but I vow to see through this 4 day diet. It just might jump start me again. I have a feeling a jump start might be needed from time to time. I hope I get the hang of it all soon.
As for Rachael's comments. I remember when our ward did the health program with Cindy Brown last year. The one thing I was so surprised by, was how emotional the whole experience was. There were so many ups and down points, the parts I can remember at the downs. But I am learning from the downs this time a lot better. Yesterday I had a few excuses to each some sweets, and the old me would have kept on eating. But last night, I stopped. I wanted them so bad, but I realized I wasn't hungry. The urge was coming from my head, not my stomach. I fought it off for several hours, and was amazed at the end of the day that I did it. I have been using a lot of prayers to help keep my stress undercontrol and I think it has made a big difference. I really don't know what else to tell Rachael, other than, you are not alone and the only one that does that. Just remember how you felt the next day, then think about how you could have handled it differently for next time. You need to find a way to deal with the stress before it happens. It is like telling our kids they have to decide to say no to drugs before they are in the situation, or else they probably won't make the correct choice in the moment. I am not saying "no sweets", just decide how to deal with stress when you are not in the middle of it. Allow yourself to cry and freak out and feel the emotions. That is what your spirit probably needs is a good cry or whatever. That is what the book said that I just read, and I liked it. It gets easier if you stick to it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment