Friday, February 27, 2009

Withdrawls...HELP!

Ok. I've always known that food, in the form of sweets, is my drug. It's the first thing I turn to for comfort, which is probably the reason I am 75 pound over weight! : P Anyway, these past few weeks we have been doing this have, coincidentally, been very stressful ones for me for other reasons and I haven't had my drug to turn to. Well, let me ammend that a bit. I have had sweets, but on a MUCH smaller scale. Despite that, I have actually been doing very well. I have been eating much healthier and feel so much better. Unfortunately, last night due to all the stress I've been under, and my natural forgetfulness, I forgot something VERY important. I felt so horrible that I just lost it. After I cried it all out, I had a bigger dinner than I should have and topped it off with a big piece of lemon raspberry cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes that my sister had brought over earlier. That combined with my wonderful husband helping me catch up on some housework restored my sanity. So my question is this... How can I break free of my sugary drug habit? I know I cannot give up sweets entirely. And I am able to eat them in moderation when I am not emotional or stressed, but I need an alternative so when I freak out, like I did last night, I don't turn to sugar and inhale 2,000 calories in one stressful sitting. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment